TeenTech Innovation Live
For students aged 11-19
TeenTech Innovation sessions bring the digital, scientific and engineering world to life for students aged 11-19.
They focus on opportunities within a specific sector with input from local and national employers. Students have suggested the topics and it’s been great to see how many choose to join multiple sessions covering Game Design, Music, Animation, Future of Transport, Space, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Acoustics.
We deliver these with leading employers who put forward volunteers, from apprentices to CTOs, to answer questions from students. Led by experienced tech reporters, students understand more about the emerging opportunities, different entry points, the technical and personal skills which will carry you further.
TeenTech Live offers:
- An exciting range of sessions which resonate with young people from animation to the future of music, space exploration to the future of transport, food sustainability to ethical fashion, smart homes to smart cities.
- Opportunities to connect with people working at all levels of engineering and technology.
- Opportunities to develop skills which students, as well as industry, recognize as key to their future.
- Ways to enrich lessons in science, computing, maths, animation, web design, design and technology.
- A safe, interactive platform.
- Cross-curricular learning.
- Flexibility – sessions work well whether students are in school or working from home.
- A valuable network of industry contacts.
Very or somewhat interested in a career in Design, Technology and Engineering grew from 55% to 86%.
Feeling capable of having a career in those areas grew from 61% to 80%.
Our impact is long-lasting, schools working with TeenTech report more students choosing STEM subjects,(one reported a 300% increase over 5 years, another in Physics from 43% to 87.5%) and the teachers said they felt better placed to provide context for learning after running our project.
What Our Parents and Teachers Say...
After having my own art and illustration business and now teaching ICT and iMedia, this is right up my alley. There isn't much online resource-wise for iMedia so these sessions are so beneficial for teachers and pupils alike. Thank you!
Very inspirational for our students. Seeing professionals within the industry shows them what is possible and that they can achieve their dreams.
Just wanted to say that, as a parent watching all of these sessions, you should all be very proud of yourselves! They are creative, thoughtful, funny, entertaining and show a lot of skill. Well done all and thanks to TeenTech for another amazing week.
What Our Students Say...
I have enjoyed this week so much! It has been exciting and I adored it! I learnt so much about sound and it was an incredible opportunity.
They have been an amazing experience and I have definitely had a deeper dive into the world of tech. I have understood that it’s not all about code, there’s so much more to it.
At the start of the week, I had a passion to be a game designer but I didn’t think I could do it. TeenTech has helped me develop my skills and helped me create a game that I enjoy. Thank You.
I have enjoyed the sense and the atmosphere of collaboration between industry experts, TeenTech’s presenter, Ali Maggs and the students' ideas. These lessons have been very informative and have made me think outside the box for new innovations and ideas.