Build Your Future
Our new TeenTech Build Your Future programme helps students aged 11-19 understand exciting career opportunities in the connected cities of the future!
Starting November 2021 – Register your interest now for early access to bookings!
Our new and exciting TeenTech Live Build Your Future programme helps students aged 11-19 understand exciting career opportunities in the connected cities of the future through fun, interactive and engaging live sessions, and challenges set by industry experts to develop your students’ skills.
This is generously funded by the Ove Arup Foundation.
The programme provides your students with access to industry experts from Arup and other local and global organisations.
The TeenTech Build Your Future programme aims to:
- Showcase the importance of digital, scientific, and engineering skills
- Engage and inspire the next generation in the growing opportunities in sustainable design, connected cities, transport, health, energy supply
- Raise students’ aspirations and the profile of career opportunities
- Provide students with opportunities to develop and evidence their technical and personal skills
- Connect industry and education to support our leaders of tomorrow as they become responsible global citizens of today
TeenTech presenters will interview topic experts who will talk about their company, role, projects, and answer questions from your students.
Students spend classroom time working on a specified innovation challenge with a structure and resources provided by TeenTech, supported by industry volunteers.
A termly online celebration of student projects.
- Wednesday 3rd November 2021, 10:00am – Connected Cities
- Wednesday 24th November 2021, 10:00am – Sustainable Design
- Wednesday 15th December 2021, 10:00am – Virtual and Augmented Reality
Subsequent sessions will feature topics such as Future of transport networks, Infrastructure design, Energy supply and Health and will be held on the following dates (all at 10:00 am):
- Wednesday 12th January 2022
- Wednesday 9th February 2022
- Wednesday 2nd March 2022
- Wednesday 30th March 2022
- Wednesday 27th April 2022
- Wednesday 25th May 2022
TeenTech Build Your Future Live starts in November 2021. Register your interest now to receive early access to bookings.
Register your interest for TeenTech Build Your Future Live sessions
If you have any questions, or would like more information before you register for sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TeenTech Live offers:
- TeenTech Live meets Gatsby benchmarks and has been highly praised by teachers, parents and students.
- Opportunities to connect with people working at all levels of engineering and technology.
- Opportunities to develop skills which students, as well as industry, recognize as key to their future.
- Ways to enrich lessons in science, computing, maths, animation, web design, design and technology.
- A safe, interactive platform.
- Cross-curricular learning.
- Flexibility – sessions work well whether students are in school or working from home.
- A valuable network of industry contacts.
Very or somewhat interested in a career in Design, Technology and Engineering grew from 55% to 86%.
Feeling capable of having a career in those areas grew from 61% to 80%.
Our impact is long-lasting, schools working with TeenTech report more students choosing STEM subjects,(one reported a 300% increase over 5 years, another in Physics from 43% to 87.5%) and the teachers said they felt better placed to provide context for learning after running our project.
What Our Parents and Teachers Say…
This virtual offer is amazing, so well thought out and is executed seamlessly. Such a great idea, I will be sharing on Facebook and to all my friends for their children to get involved over the coming weeks. The last few weeks have been challenging with trying to work and homeschooling, and this project actually bought my own children closer.
Just wanted to say that, as a parent watching all of these sessions, you should all be very proud of yourselves! They are creative, thoughtful, funny, entertaining and show a lot of skill. Well done all and thanks to TeenTech for another amazing week.
What Our Students Say…
I have enjoyed this week so much! It has been exciting and I adored it! I learnt so much about sound and it was an incredible opportunity.
They have been an amazing experience and I have definitely had a deeper dive into the world of tech. I have understood that it’s not all about code, there’s so much more to it.
At the start of the week, I had a passion to be a game designer but I didn’t think I could do it. TeenTech has helped me develop my skills and helped me create a game that I enjoy. Thank You.
I have enjoyed the sense and the atmosphere of collaboration between industry experts, TeenTech’s presenter, Ali Maggs and the bright ideas shared to everyone by the teens. These lessons have been very informative and have made me think outside the box for new innovations and ideas
A special thankyou to…
Stephen Perse Foundation