for students in North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire
An exciting half-day of interactive sessions that are fun, engaging and provide real context to learning. Open to Secondary Schools in North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire.
Thursday 13th May 2021
Supported in North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire by
TeenTech events are highly interactive and designed to inspire young teenagers and their teachers about the contemporary world of Science, Engineering and Technology. TeenTech Live West Midlands Innovation Day will be a half-day of interactive sessions that are fun, engaging and provide real context to learning, helping local students understand more about careers and the way exciting emerging technology is shaping all aspects of our lives, the different entry points and the technical and personal skills which will carry them further.
The sessions focus on opportunities in Future Technology with input from local and national employers. The day is structured to offer the following opportunities for students and their teachers:
- Connect with people working at all levels of engineering and technology
- Find out more about MIRA Technology Institute
- Develop the skills which students, as well as industry, recognise as key to their future
- Ways to enrich lessons in science, computing, maths, animation, web design, design & technology
- A safe, interactive platform
- Cross-curricular learning
- A valuable network of industry contacts
Led by our experienced tech reporters, students understand more about the emerging opportunities, different entry points, the technical and personal skills needed. Students will be stepped through an innovation challenge, where they build their own solutions to address real world problems connected to the topic and value their own personal qualities.
The students will be given time to complete their projects and share them with us and then re-join our presenter and mentors to receive live feedback on their work a week later from MTI, industry experts and the TeenTech panel.
Register now for TeenTech Live in North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire
If you have any questions, or would like more information before you register for sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TeenTech Live offers:
- An exciting range of sessions which resonate with young people from animation to the future of music, space exploration to the future of transport, food sustainability to ethical fashion, smart homes to smart cities.
- Opportunities to connect with people working at all levels of engineering and technology.
- Opportunities to develop skills which students, as well as industry, recognize as key to their future.
- Ways to enrich lessons in science, computing, maths, animation, web design, design and technology.
- A safe, interactive platform.
- Cross-curricular learning.
- Flexibility – sessions work well whether students are in school or working from home.
- A valuable network of industry contacts.
Very or somewhat interested in a career in Design, Technology and Engineering grew from 55% to 86%.
Feeling capable of having a career in those areas grew from 61% to 80%.
Our impact is long-lasting, schools working with TeenTech report more students choosing STEM subjects,(one reported a 300% increase over 5 years, another in Physics from 43% to 87.5%) and the teachers said they felt better placed to provide context for learning after running our project.
What Our Parents and Teachers Say…
This virtual offer is amazing, so well thought out and is executed seamlessly. Such a great idea, I will be sharing on Facebook and to all my friends for their children to get involved over the coming weeks. The last few weeks have been challenging with trying to work and homeschooling, and this project actually bought my own children closer.
Just wanted to say that, as a parent watching all of these sessions, you should all be very proud of yourselves! They are creative, thoughtful, funny, entertaining and show a lot of skill. Well done all and thanks to TeenTech for another amazing week.
What Our Students Say…
I have enjoyed this week so much! It has been exciting and I adored it! I learnt so much about sound and it was an incredible opportunity.
They have been an amazing experience and I have definitely had a deeper dive into the world of tech. I have understood that it’s not all about code, there’s so much more to it.
At the start of the week, I had a passion to be a game designer but I didn’t think I could do it. TeenTech has helped me develop my skills and helped me create a game that I enjoy. Thank You.
I have enjoyed the sense and the atmosphere of collaboration between industry experts, TeenTech’s presenter, Ali Maggs and the bright ideas shared to everyone by the teens. These lessons have been very informative and have made me think outside the box for new innovations and ideas
A special thankyou to…
Stephen Perse Foundation