Outlook (Application) / Outlook (Web)
- This event has passed.
TeenTech Build Your Future Live: Natural Disasters and Resilience
25th May 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm BST
This TeenTech Build Your Future Live session on Natural Disasters and Resilience will consider how infrastructure design responds to natural hazards including earthquakes, flooding and fire. How can we prepare for natural disasters and environmental changes? How do we future-proof bridges, tunnels and buildings that have been around for hundreds of years?
If the timings don’t work for your school, or if you can’t join the sessions live, don’t worry! All sessions will be available for playback during the programme and you can even send us questions beforehand for our experts to answer.
What is TeenTech Build Your Future Live?
Our exciting TeenTech Live Build Your Future programme helps students aged 11-19 understand exciting career opportunities in the connected cities of the future through fun, interactive and engaging live sessions, and challenges set by industry experts to develop your students’ skills.
This is generously funded by the Ove Arup Foundation. The programme provides your students with access to industry experts from Arup and other local and global organisations.
The TeenTech Build Your Future programme aims to:
- Showcase the importance of digital, scientific, and engineering skills
- Engage and inspire the next generation in the growing opportunities in sustainable design, connected cities, transport, health, energy supply
- Raise students’ aspirations and the profile of career opportunities
- Provide students with opportunities to develop and evidence their technical and personal skills
- Connect industry and education to support our leaders of tomorrow as they become responsible global citizens of today
Read more about TeenTech Build Your Future Live here.
What does the TeenTech Build Your Future Live programme consist of?
TeenTech presenters will interview topic experts who will talk about their company, role, projects, and answer questions from your students.
Students spend classroom time working on a specified innovation challenge with a structure and resources provided by TeenTech, supported by industry volunteers.
An online celebration of student projects.
You will be sent joining details closer to the date of the event. If you need to cancel your place, please revisit this page, or you can manage all of your bookings from the My Events page.